Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - From GNU to ?
Thread: From GNU to ?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrenj1471 View Post
Yeah I noticed Smokin and Rossi have MTX licences. Will have a look but I think if Im gonna go direct MTX it would prob be the Jamie Lynn or the Riders Choice.

Im worried the Lynn is a bit set back and I liked centred and also its quite firm right?

I do ride quite fast more often than not so a little concerned you say the Yes isnt as stable (def gonna lean towards the 154 more than 152 now).

Arrrggh I want to try something else but I can see myself being drawn into a straight up new Riders Choice.

Also if anyone is coming from the US to the UK soon bring me one as we get stiffed on the prices over here
The Jamie Lynn and the Riders Choice are quite different boards in the Mervin stable. Not so much because of the setback on the Phoenix (which really only makes a difference in powder - otherwise the board is still very twin-ish), but because of the other characteristics of these decks: The Riders Choice is much more playful, while the Jamie Lynn is a stiff charger deck.
Which one is the better choice should be quite obvious for you: If you find that the Riders Choice has been a good match for your (intended) riding, then the Jamie Lynn makes little sense. On the other hand if you have found the RC to be too soft and frequently unstable at speed, then consider the Jamie Lynn.

Also consider your foot and boot sizes, as the Jamie Lynn gets wider quite quickly as you go longer.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote