Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New boarder in need of advice
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ksonn

Default New boarder in need of advice

Okay so I have yet to snowboard at all but I have skied before once and i was able to pick that up fairly quickly but that was years ago.

live in ontario so it will be mostly groomed runs and I dont know whether it is realistic or not for me to think I will catch on fast enough to do any park riding this season but I am fit and athletic and I have a good sense of my balance from things such as BMXing skateboarding and some wakeboarding. so really I wanna be able to ride park but if not at the least be able to butter around and have fun but my goal is to get into the park and that's why im trying to get a solid set up for myself now so i don't need to later before I get told I don't need nice stuff to learn

I am 6,1 175 lbs size 12 regular US SHOE I have yet to try on boots so i didnt want to confuse anyone so that's all i can say at this moment

now I was looking at Bataleon boards and I thought the TBT was interesting and seemed like it would be an advantageous thing to learn with.

my friend is a instructor here and he is going to teach me how to board this season he rides an evil twin 157 so that is how i found out about bataleon but he was in no way pushing me to ride one in fact he was hesitant at first but I did some reading and it could prove good.

now it is a matter of which bataleon to get for what I have said I don't know if I need a wide or not and if that will feel too clunky I know it depends on boots too so any sharable wisdom would be appreciated. I was looking at the global warmer but only because its almost like an evil twin but I like the graphic a million times better.

Also binding recommendation would be great bindings i have been looking at are the union contacts rome 390 boss and a bit into switchbacks but im not sure about them.

Thank you for reading my post I am sorry if it was long a little long winded your time is appreciated

Last edited by Ksonn; 12-04-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Ksonn is offline   Reply With Quote