Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Narrow fit boots/brands
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
I have narrow feet (specifically ankles) and had been riding several models of Vans boots for the last 5+ years in a half size smaller than I should have just to reduce the space. I found it to be a good solution.

Last year I bought a pair of Celsius Cirrus and they fit my narrow foot extremely well and in the size I actually take. They have insertable j-bars for ankle lock, which I haven't yet put in (I haven't needed them, and plan on seeing how much the liner packs out before I need them). The speed lace system is excellent. And they're med stiffness boot that handle steeps and park equally well.
+1 on Vans. I also have narrow feet. Combined with my low instep I used to have a quite lot of heel lift issues. Had a pair of ancient Salomons that were the first boots that really worked for me.
Now rocking Vans Fargo which have been really good for me. Only one Boa, but pretty good tweakability with the internal harness and the velcro powerstrap. Medium 'go everywhere' flex. Only issue is that they are really bulky on the outside. And I wish they had an articulating cuff - got 1.5 seasons (100+ days) on my second pair and they have started to soften up considerably.
Trying to figure out what to get next now that Vans has discontinued the Fargo. Might give the Cirro a try if it fits similar to the Fargo.

Last edited by hktrdr; 06-12-2013 at 11:30 PM.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote