Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Step ins, need recommendation please
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
B-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie09 View Post
I'd also recommend trying flow. You'll have to bend down for like maybe a second to strap in each time. Step-in bindings suck compared to regular. There's a reason that nobody uses them.
I see a lot of people using them. I also see a lot of manufacturers making them now that never made them before.

Previously it was just Flow. Then K2 started making them, even Gnu/Lib has gotten into the action.

The only people I really hear down talking step-ins are people who haven't ridden on them. But everyone who rides on them love them.

Granted, I'm not saying they are the highest performance. But in terms of comfort and ease of use, I've found they work great and hear it echo'd all the time from other step-in riders.

And if having a system that takes a notch out of performance but gives me an extra hour or two of pain free riding, I think it's a worthwhile trade off.

Anytime I've demo'd traditional snowboard bindings, I have a much less enjoyable day.

Last edited by B-Line; 12-04-2012 at 12:45 PM.
B-Line is offline   Reply With Quote