Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Jackson Hole or Whistler
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
schmitty34
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmkv View Post
Whats up everybody, Im looking to book a trip this year either Jackson Hole or Whistler. Im leaning towards whistler but a couple of my buddies want to head to Jackson. Just want to hear some pro's and con's from your trips. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Never been to Jackson so I can't compare, but I can speak to Whistler since I've been there several times.

Depending on when you go, especially over weekends, it can be crowded so the main lifts can get pretty big lines. However, the two mountains are huge so there is a lot of terrain to explore. I always enjoy riding Whistler even when it is crowded.

The Village can be crowded as well which is good or bad depending on what you are looking for. Like the last post mentions, if you are young and like the nightlife, Whistler can be REALLY fun. I have been to Whistler as a college guy and as an old married guy with two kids (never brought my kids though) and I always enjoy the village.

It can be expensive, but again, depending on when you go, you can find rooms for a decent rate espcially if you are willing to pack a few guys into the room to reduce the costs.

Summary - Whistler can be super fun especially if you want a big ski village experience. Don't go expecting you will definitely get epic powder for days (you might) but go expecting to have a fun trip with lots of other people around with two really big mountains to explore.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote