Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Step ins, need recommendation please
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rookie09
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Line View Post
I see a lot of people using them. I also see a lot of manufacturers making them now that never made them before.

Previously it was just Flow. Then K2 started making them, even Gnu/Lib has gotten into the action.

The only people I really hear down talking step-ins are people who haven't ridden on them. But everyone who rides on them love them.

Granted, I'm not saying they are the highest performance. But in terms of comfort and ease of use, I've found they work great and hear it echo'd all the time from other step-in riders.

And if having a system that takes a notch out of performance but gives me an extra hour or two of pain free riding, I think it's a worthwhile trade off.

Anytime I've demo'd traditional snowboard bindings, I have a much less enjoyable day.
I see what you mean. I thought you were referring to the old click-in bindings that nobody uses. I totally misunderstood that. I know K2 has the Cinch, Gnu has the Fastec, and obviously the flows. They ride a little different than standard bindings but overall are still good. I'd still recommend Flow over any of those other brands if you're set on getting rear entry bindings. They've been at it longer and it seems like they're ironed out more of the problems compared to the other companies.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote