Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - LASIK eye surgery??
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
boarderaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Reviving a thread from the dead instead of starting my own...

I had LASIK done 4 years ago. Was -4.5 or so in each eye and went to better than 20/20 post-op. Now my eyes have regressed to the point where I need glasses again. I had the surgery at 27 but my eyes may have still been degrading prior to the surgery.

SO... I'm going to do a touch up in a month or so. Various sources suggest different times off from snowboarding. Seems the general consensus is 1 week off and you can go back as long as you wear eye protection (but who really boards without goggles that calls themselves a snowboarder? )

Anybody had it done recently? What did you doc tell you about snowboarding off time? I'm thinking of having it done on a Monday so I can head back to the hill the next weekend. I need to beat my number of days record from last year!
Your eyes don't ever stop changing. It's part of the natural process of the human body. For some people who have laser eye surgery, they are good until they need a reading prescription, some people need to have their eyes redone after 4 or 5 years. Assuming you suffer no adverse side effects from the surgery, you should be good to go snowboarding a few days after surgery, as long as you wear proper eye protection. Please note, I'm not an opthamologist, but have touched on this subject in school while taking my opticians course.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote