Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - LASIK eye surgery??
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic View Post
Your eyes don't ever stop changing. It's part of the natural process of the human body. For some people who have laser eye surgery, they are good until they need a reading prescription, some people need to have their eyes redone after 4 or 5 years. Assuming you suffer no adverse side effects from the surgery, you should be good to go snowboarding a few days after surgery, as long as you wear proper eye protection. Please note, I'm not an opthamologist, but have touched on this subject in school while taking my opticians course.
Thanks! Yeah I sort of had a feeling going into the surgery 4 years ago that I would likely keep changing (the myopia that is)... So at the time I paid extra for the "Zyoptik" treatment that included free touch ups for life.

Reacted well to the last surgery so here's hoping this one goes as well...

Lasik-MDs official site says 3 days after surgery if wearing protection, but the lady on the phone said that was optimistic. I don't think there'd be anything wrong with going out to cruise around in some powder if we got a dump a few days after my surgery. I'd probably want to stay out of the trees and calm my groomer bombing tendencies however!

Thanks for the non-official (I won't sue you) info!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote