Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Jackson Hole or Whistler
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #28 (permalink)
schmitty34
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmkv View Post
I was also looking at the size of the two mountains and they are huge looks like it could take a while to get down the mountain as I am only used to riding at Peak and PA mountains.
From what I hear abaout "mountains" on the east coast, you are going to be completely shocked at how long it takes to ride from the peak of Whistler to the base. I've actually rarely done it because it takes so long and the runs/snow are better near the top so the bottom is just a waste of time.

When you ride whistler/blackcomb you typically ride only the top half, but if you want to go from the top to bottom, it probably takes 20 munites unless you are trying to haul ass.

There's a lot of good advice on this thread so definitely do a lot of research before spending a ton of $. I've been to Whistler often because I am only a 5 hour drive away. I have an amazing time everytime I go, but a lot of that is just the fun times with friends on the mountain and in the village. I've had better pure snowboarding days at smaller/cheaper resorts closer to Seattle, but Whistler has always been a fun all-around trip.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote