Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - WTF - Midwest Season Pass Prices
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #38 (permalink)
oneshot
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
You are showing how little time you have been in this game. In the 90's a season pass at Snoq's would have cost you nearly $1k. All Western ski areas were at this higher rate. Once again, thank Winterpark for launching the pass war prices and bringing down the season pass rates all over the US.

Comparatively, Mid West areas were a bargain back in the day. Western areas have a lot of advantages over their mid west and east coast counter parts. I would imagine that offering a much cheaper pass would likely mean that your little area would have to stop spinning the wheels. It sucks, but those are just some of the realities with it. Running a ski area ain't cheap, that's for sure.

I can't confirm those season pass prices or deny it, although i want to strongly deny that, but my memory is faded. back then day lift tickets were so cheap.. I worked there in 1990.. what i can confirm through the 80's and leading into the 90's is $10 mon-tues and $15 wed-thur-friday day tickets at many WA. resorts or something very close to this.. I doubt shitty pass ever came close to 1k for season passes, ever.. I can confirm a Mt baker season pass for $500 in 1995 which was one of the 1st season passes I had bought...

after some digging..
what i did find was North Cascade Heli $325 for a day in 1990.. which is now $985 for a day

1990 Wa. breakdown
Sports | Washington Ski Areas | Seattle Times Newspaper