Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Carson City. Anyone here live there? Or abouts?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeBack_Kid View Post
However, Tahoe is HEAVEN for road bikers. Do a bit of research and you'll find out just how popular the entire Tahoe basin is for all manner of bike enthusiasts.

I'm well aware of the road biking there, which is why I want to be close. While Im not expecting 'lush' climate I am not sure I like the idea of shoveling a whole lot of snow being down in the valley is a lot less snow. Im kinda of a weather wuss

Then it's also the decision of condo in tahoe or a house in the valley, you know? Not gonna afford a house in tahoe any time soon. I could get a house on a few acres in the valley but could only afford a condo at the lake. If that ever changes, well Id not be having this discussion

Good to know about the internet speed and traffic situation. I'd love to live in truckee or tahoe city (i guess I'd have to learn to shovel) and I have a buddy who's trying to get me to move there. So he can crash on my couch no doubt! But for business reasons I'd like to be in nevada rather then california. Actually, if I was going to stay in cali, I'd just move to mammoth, which I am also considering. There's great road biking here! But the internet here sucks, it would mean driving down to bishop more often then I would like.

the more I look into it, I might give up on leaving cali after all. I should be just happy enough to escape la

Last edited by mixie; 12-04-2012 at 09:38 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote