Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Epic Bandanna / Face MaskThread
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #636 (permalink)
Gdog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509-pow View Post
ya it smells bad for sure. leave it in ur car for a couple days it smells like a wet dirty dog. i didn't really take a break so i cant say. last year i didn't really have a problem with wearing it all day. it seems to slip off sometimes.
i cant seem to be able to wear a mask and goggles at the same time with out fogging. how do u guys wear a mask with goggles? i tuck it under the goggles but then they fog.
This is the one I have now, and the goggles don't really fog up. Well, they used to, but last season I got a pair of Spy goggles and didn't have any problems while using the same mask.

It's made of neoprene, I think. The nose piece is open and it has very small holes around the mouth area. The nose piece and the anti-fog coating inside the goggles prevents the fogging, and a do have it tucked under the goggles. The goggles also have a load of vents under the and above the lens.

When you breath inside a mask, the warm air you exhale rises, so it gets under your goggles and causes them to fog up. It might help if you wore the mask on the outside of your jacket so it could ventilate more, although that might feel odd.

The Airhole mask I'm considering would prevent this. It's the Polar mask, but the outside is made of fleece so I think it would end up getting just as wet. Sometimes I just can't win! I'll ask that dude with the 686 mask sometime if he's used it yet and if he has how wet it got.
Thanks.

Last edited by Gdog42; 12-04-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote