Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Big Guy: Need Board Rec

735 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  boomer34 
#1 ·
Hey Guys...first post.

I am looking to buy my first board. I have been the past 5 years or so and always rent, and each year, I promise myself that I will buy my own gear for my next trip...well the time has come.

Details:

I am a BIG guy. I am 6'4, weigh around 260 and have a size 14 shoe.

I do NO park boarding...mainly just all-mountain type stuff, bowls to groomers...

So I know I need a Wide board, and preferably one geared for the bigger gentlemen. Each of my past trips, I am always limited in what they have for me to rent, but the few times I have gotten a premium rental in my size, I have been able to tell a night and day difference. The Burton Custom X was a much better board for me than the cheaper ones I had to ride on a few times.

After talking with a few folks, I have heard repeatedly to check out the Lib Tech boards, and that they have a few great options for big guys. So from looking at their site, it appears the Skunk Ape Horsepower board may be a good fit...but I wanted to get more feedback before dropping $600+

Any insight...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.