Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - GoPro Hero3 battery life sucks or user error?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
jojotherider

how did you manage the battery though (if you did)? was it on the whole time? did you turn it on/off in between recording?

I was just checking out that Drift, but even they list the battery life as just 3 hours. that's 50% longer than what I got, but It also doesn't have 1080/60fps. That was the biggest draw for me to go with the GoPro. highest 60fps was at 720 and I was already getting that with my ContourHD. I realy wish the Contour Roam was a higher end camera. I think I'd rather have the Drift over the contour with the 2" screen. Heh, my dSLR only has a 1.8" screen (Canon 20d).

In the end, the 1080p/60fps is a really big draw. Apparently also a big draw on power. :s Ok, so the power solution for the camera is to have multiple batteries. Any thoughts on how to prolong the charge on the remote since the battery isn't removeable? One thing I was thinking about doing was putting the remote on a lanyard and keeping it tucked in my jacket. That way it stays warm. I really think the cold did it in. I'm curious how long an iPod Touch will stay powered in the cold. Eventually I'll be able to use that for the remote.

thanks for all the responses. I'm not a frequent visitor here and need to figure out how to make sure I receive updates.
jojotherider is offline   Reply With Quote