Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bindings/board match - shuffeling the deck
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
SGboarder

Default Bindings/board match - shuffeling the deck

Hi all, another question about matching bindings and boards.

I got two boards:
1) A slightly beaten up skate banana (which I have been riding for the last couple of year and hope to keep for buttering around groomers, general messing about, etc.) and
2) a new NS Cobra (for riding pow, more off-piste, etc., if NS ever delivers the board).

I also have two pairs of bindings:
1) 2012/13 Burton Mission Restricted (bought to replace the entry level Burton Customs I had before - thanks nivek) and
2) 2011/12 Rome 390 Boss (impulse buy as I got them at close out for $110).

Which set of bindings would pair better with which board?
I think the Romes are slightly higher tech so was going to put them on the Cobra (the newer and better board).
But I also heard that the Romes are a bit soft (high backs feel softer than the Missions for sure), so would it be better to have the stiffer/more responsive Missions on the more free-ride board?
The Cobra will be my main board in the future for sure, so really want to optimize that set-up.

If it matters, I am an intermediate rider and ride mostly Japan powder but am also planning to do a few trips around the world (like Tahoe this winter).

Thanks for any help!
SGboarder is offline   Reply With Quote