Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - GoPro Hero3 battery life sucks or user error?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
jojotherider

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconzoo View Post
What do you use to edit?
How much slow-mo do you actually use in your videos?

For all the talk about fps, most video editing programs (like iMovie) don't even take advantage of the extra frames unless you know how to conform the files in advance. I personally stopped doing slow-mos in my edits, as I feel if it's not 1000fps Cineflex it looks cheesy. My 10 cents...
I've never had good video software so I've only used Windows Movie Maker. There's an option to change the speed of a clip. Cutting the speed in 1/2 gets you a nice and smooth 30fps. I think if you are going to use slomo, you need to vary the speeds at different points. if you slowed down 1000fps ~30fps all the time, your video would be boring and predictable. Also, if jump/trick/slash/etc is slomo, that's not going to be super interesting either.

I'm probably going to buy these for my Hero3:
Amazon.com: gopro hero3 battery

1300mAh vs 1050mAh for each battery and I get a wall charger.

If I'm happy with the GoPro, I'll probably buy some software, either Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas if they have a consumer level. I heard its pretty good. The only feature I really want from it is the Image Stabilization. the YouTube stabilization is awful. Oh, I think the GoPro Cineform is pretty neat also. I think you can change the video speed somehow. I haven't quite figured it out yet though.

edit: also, i'm not sure how I feel about twixtor. seems pretty neat, but if you have a lot of moving parts it looks bad. Also water looks terrible and I imagine pow would also look terrible.

-joel

Last edited by jojotherider; 12-05-2012 at 12:35 AM.
jojotherider is offline   Reply With Quote