Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - burton cheetah with cartel S size bindings?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 04:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
Kusanagi,
Yes, AK = Alaska. The Alps would be similar. In fact, the cheetah will be a good board for you. It will float in the powder and it's stiffness will give you edgehold and stability if you get into no fall zones.

ETM, .....just don't know what to say in reply to your comments

what would you say was inaccurate about my family tree descriptions?
Im not trying to get into an arguement with you but saying things like one board is for japan and one is for alaska is just so misleading.
There is no reason why the con artist is better in the trees of japan than the cheetah, in fact I would argue the opposite. Theres nothing as valuable as a swallowtail for gunning trees in japan or anywhere for that matter and how many times do you cut a crazy line through the trees switch? Probably none so why the hell not have a swallowtail.

You put yourself out there as someone who knows every board on the market intimately and kids will read what you write and take it as gospel. Thats no problem IF you do ride 50+ boards a year and compare them all. Even then its still only your view and every rider is different.

If you dont you are just freaking kids out with your generalizations of where a certain board can be ridden and as such making them miss out on what could be the perfect board for them.

If you really want to get into the details of the cheetah I suggest you grab a copy of car danchi 5 and check out the seki onsen footage of Terje filmed in 2010 and tell me what board hes riding so gracefully through the trees of japan.
Then also check out a little known board only sold in Japan called the burton stellar. Its a cheetah but in 165. Even bigger than the cheetah which if you were going to generalize again you would say its for big AK lines, but its not.
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote