Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Online Retailers...
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #397 (permalink)
Basti

A warning to all the Euros on here. Never buy at squareboardshop.com! They're in Belgium and seemed very legit judging from their web page. Free shipping to most Euro countries and so on.

I bought a Signal Omni 159 there back in July. After not receiving an order confirmation I asked them if they could send me a tracking number for my order. Their reply (I'm paraphrasing here): "Oh, right, your order... Are you sure you want a 159? Some people get the sizing wrong". So I said yes, please send me my 59.

After four(!) weeks and countless e-mails of which they didn't bother to answer one, I received an Omni but in a 156. So I sent it back and asked them to reimburse the money. Again, no reply whatsoever. Six weeks after returning the board I got an e-mail from the shop saying "sorry for the late reply but we have a family matter right now. Also, my colleague said he reimbursed the money to your bank account". This was impossible as I paid via PayPal so they didn't even have my bank account details.

I answered sorry for your family matter but please just send the money back through Paypal. Costs you 20 seconds and I'm not even asking for the shipping money back that I spent when I returned the board. 6 weeks and many unanswered mails later I decided to hand the matter to my lawyer. Their deadline for paying back the money without legal consequences ended yesterday. No answer again. So now I'm suing.

Sorry for the long story but it makes me so mad, having a self-proclaimed rider-owned shop just keeping my money and not care about a customer at all.

Anyway, do yourself a favor and don't buy there, Euros.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote