Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - burton cheetah with cartel S size bindings?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Supra
Veteran Member

Actually, the con artist was designed by a Japanese rider, specifically for Japanese terrain. That's why it only comes in a 152. The con artist is a directional btw. Oh and don't take my word for it, check the burton site:
Family Tree Con Artist Snowboard | Burton Snowboards

Actually, I don't put myself out there as you suggest. I'm just sharing my experience/knowledge. I don't make shit up about boards having raduction just to make someone feel good about their purchase. I have ridden the con artist and the cheetah btw.

As for the cheetah, I'm sure it can handle seki trees no problem...but it was designed for going fast on big lines. Check terje's part in last years burton flic. Would you believe me if I told you he told me all about it at the beginning of the 11-12 season?
Anyways, Kusanagi asked what they were designed for, so I told him. I think maybe you should watch some of the burton family tree vids, where they explain the concept.
And finally, the stellar. Lol. Glad you've heard of it. Check out this post I made in march or April of the season before they released it. A B rep lent it to me for the day to get my thoughts on it.
EasyLoungin

The cheetah is an evolution of the stellar. The stellar is too soft and too long for hardcore riding (terje's words, which I happen to agree with). Like I said in that thread, the stellar is good for long pow meadows, like on a cat tour.

I hope this clears up the question of whether I'm full of shit or not
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote