Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (Runner's Knee)
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
ARSENALFAN
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

[QUOTE=inpajamas;548113]Hey guys,

So I'm debating whether or not go to riding for the first time this season at Snowshoe in WV on Friday. Nothing else around me is even close to opening and I've had the itch since March when I last rode. Only problem is, I was working out about 6 weeks ago and hurt both of my knees doing squats. I finally went to the doctor last week and he told me that I probably have patellofemoral pain syndrome which is a huge pain in the ass.

Right now I can do body squat motions pretty painlessly but I'm worried that after a day of riding (I'd probably only stick to blues to be a little safer) that I'll make my knees even worse and delay recovery. The problem with this is that I've got a trip scheduled to go to Park City the first week of January and I want to be in tip top shape for that.

Has anyone ever been diagnosed with this knee problem before? Any suggestions of what I should do? Just wait it out and ride for the first time in Park City, or give some easier slopes a shot on Friday and see how it goes with the risk of making my knees worse and completely fucking up Park City.[/QUOTE

I lost 50 pounds and it went away. Thats just my experience.
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote