Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Jackson Hole or Whistler
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #31 (permalink)
slowmkv

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
From what I hear abaout "mountains" on the east coast, you are going to be completely shocked at how long it takes to ride from the peak of Whistler to the base. I've actually rarely done it because it takes so long and the runs/snow are better near the top so the bottom is just a waste of time.

When you ride whistler/blackcomb you typically ride only the top half, but if you want to go from the top to bottom, it probably takes 20 munites unless you are trying to haul ass.

There's a lot of good advice on this thread so definitely do a lot of research before spending a ton of $. I've been to Whistler often because I am only a 5 hour drive away. I have an amazing time everytime I go, but a lot of that is just the fun times with friends on the mountain and in the village. I've had better pure snowboarding days at smaller/cheaper resorts closer to Seattle, but Whistler has always been a fun all-around trip.
Yeah the mountains on the east arent anything to write home about. Only mountain I can give credit from my expierence is Jay Peak. Just from being on this forum for a few days I have already gotten alot of great advice and I greatly appreciate it. Im looking for the all around expierence with my friends. Also I see whistler keeps getting dumped on.
slowmkv is offline   Reply With Quote