Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Stupid shit going on.

24K views 189 replies 52 participants last post by  grafta 
#1 ·
I have been reading trough this forum quite a bit now, and I am starting to see new people coming in and dissing all the smart people on this forum. First, you need to know that, i am using BA for example, these guys might come of as mean, insulting, and other obnoxious, but they are also smart as hell, have been part of the industry for a long time and usually know what they are talking about. I learned this the hard way and got a lot of shit for it, but i learned so much from these people its not even funny. They helped me when i was being a complete *** and when i wasn't, so please stop being ignorant and spend some time on the forum before beaking everyone.
#imsorryforretardiwas.

#2 ·
Your not an idiot blunt or a "complete ***". Your just young and naive like you are supposed to be. I don't know if you are but you certainly look under 18. Glad to see you let things roll off your shoulders. Can't wait to race you down the mountan and watch you slay some powder with that Billy Goat.:D

#3 ·
This forum is fairly chill for the most part. Plenty of retarded shit gets overlooked. n00bs can hang, say what they like, pretty much. In fact, I mostly I go lurk elsewhere for real laughs and general interwebs cruelty. I think the mods do a good job :thumbsup:

#8 ·
...guess you haven't seen any of My post's!! (...I'm 52) :laugh: Hmnnnn, ...wunder if that's why nun of the little girls will get on the lift with me???? :dunno: :cheeky4:

#9 ·
I completely agree. I was thinking the same thing. I don't ever remember you being a ***, you sound nice and helpful right now.
We should have some sort of initiation on this forum so that when people join they can't post for so long so they learn more about the members on here. :) Or every body could just treat each other with respect. Then we wouldnt even be having this conversation. :D

#11 ·
This is the best moderated forum. Full stop. Shit talking is part of forums IMO (or needs to be). If someone opens the door then I feel obligated to kick them through it, and that has nothing to do with how little I know about this sport (which is very little). 20 year snowboard vet, or no0b...if you suck then it makes posting, and reading postings on this forum almost as fun as boarding. On that there are a few masters on this forum. Something about this sport attracts an interesting crowd with lots of potential to roast.

I'm pretty sure that helps..

#16 · (Edited)
Not that it matters, but:

1. Go back and re-read just my posts. I never said fuck-all about "snowboarding". I simply said I was watching a series and the guys in it seemed a bit douchey to me. (Except John Jackson who although he is maybe the most goofy also seemed pretty chill and genuinely thrilled to be doing what he was doing). Not saying anything about the other guy, but I didn't say shit about skills, events, rankings, or whatever. My "opinion" had fuck-all to do with "snowboarding".

2. As for the name dropping and the smileys, it was a joke people. Hence the smileys all over it to convey a jovial manner. I'll try to use smaller words and type slower in future so you catch on.

3. Once the personal attacks started I went along just for the fun of it. Nothing like a retarded forum flame war. Everybody knows that fighting on the internet is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

4. Shit got out of hand and people got all pissed off and started talking shit about death and shit. At which point I made a quick exit. :dunno:

5. Has anyone actually watched that series? Of course not... That was the whole point. I watched 2 or 3 episodes and thought "fuck this, these guys are douches". I don't really give a fuck if you agree or not. Now if you want to fight, stick you head further up your ass and fight for air. I'm out... :cheeky4:

#19 · (Edited)
Salad fingers is the gateway to the weird part of you tube.

Oh, that thread. Sad i didnt get in on it further. It's not often threads get locked here, so you really must have fucked up.

#24 ·
The irony here is that one of the biggest offenders in that thread (not BA or Shred) actually reported the post and demanded we do something about BA and Shred and you know who you are......;) If youre going to pick a fight on the internet and be an equal combatant, dont go crying to the moderators and admins when someone hands you your ass on a plate.

This also is not about "taking things serious on the internet", it is about the main purpose of this forum being a place for people to gain legitimate advice about everything snowboarding in an evironment that is overall welcoming and friendly. Heated exchanges are fine and we allow these things to go on and are very liberal in our moderating. However when a thread devolves into several pages of name calling, it has served its purpose and will be locked down. We rarely ban people here but unproductive threads are getting shut down.

As I said in that thread, having a proven track record of helping people and contributing goes a long way here and while I sometimes cringe at the delivery, these veteran members have earned some extra lattitude that a member with less than 6 months on the forum has. When you pick a fight with one, do not then send a report post to the admin team asking us to take action against your oponent. Had I not recieved that complaint, I would not have even looked at the thread. I could care less about pro snowboarders and stats and all of that spectator crap that so many people get all caught up in

Blunted nose`s point is correct, learn who these people are before jumping to the wildly innaccurate and silly conclusions that happened in that thread because a couple of people got butt hurt over the response they got.

Not everyone sees the internet as some freak show for their personal entertainment like MPD; some people are using it as a tool to gleen useful information and do not appreciate the high noise to signal ratio and juvenile antics that goes on with threads like that. The purpose of this forum is not to be a circus side show for a few weirdos to get their rocks off, but to actually serve the snowboarding community with access to good, reliable information.

Try to treat people as if they were standing in front of you and your having a conversation....;)
CaN i Haz Sn0wBrd L3ss0n's? You seem like a man of wisdom. I kind of wish you had the money and time to make reviews with BA, because they would be the best of both worlds, and fucking awesome... Honest but intelligent.

#38 ·
You would never be allowed to work with me. You are a fucktard.

Also as per the friend in an Avalanche that was a reference to friends/people I work with that are pro who have witnessed that. I've been lucky enough to not have to see my friends die in front of me, strangers yeah seen a few die over the years it happens, but friends we've been lucky except for the time I got airlifted out but that's a whole other story.

As far as the Internet and snowboarding. If you do not snowboard and want to step in the arena with me I will call anyone out. If you make a bonehead statement I will call you out. I might not spend all day answering questions on here anymore but be aware I can answer seriously 98% of them without even hesitating. Hence why I spend more time on my site than here.

Alaric, new shirts will be coming to the AS webstore hopefully in time for x mas but I have a feeling probably after the first of the year.

#29 ·
I never once mentioned you by name but the shoe certainly does fit.

As for why we have ANY off topic section, that is because people also like to socialize and shoot the shit about other topics. With regard to the politics section specifically, which for several years now you have had a personal vendetta against, we are not discussing a thread that has gotten out of hand in politics. In fact, it is rare for threads in politics to get out of hand like they do in the gear or general section such as the thread in Question. If you hate the poltics section so much, why do we frequently see you post in there? Granted your posts amount to little more than trolling and you do not contribute anything constuctive or intelligent.

Bottom line is this is just another attempt on your part to attack the management of this site and like so many times in the past, attack me personally. You don't like me, we get it. You were warned by Killclimbz last time you pulled this shit that the next time would result in a permanent ban. Your opinion is as irrelevant as you are to this site and other than your east coast meet which is tantamount to buying "friends" you contribute nothing of substance to the site. I advise you to drop this and just keep your mouth shut as you were advised or I will put a suspension on your account and you can talk to Killclimbz about being reinstated. I am not going to fuck around and play your little games any longer.
Thanks for shutting down the thread last night...it got out of hand with personal attacks...keep up the good work:D

#35 ·
Yeah, props to you snowolf for shutting down that thread. It was all fun and games and good friday night entertainment:D until someone made fun of someone else seeing their friend die in an avalanche, then is when it crossed the line. That may or may not have happened to his friend but thats not the point.

#37 ·
Thank you! I know Burton Avenger well enough personally to know that despite being a bit caustic sometimes, he is about the most honest person you could ever meet. If he said it happened, I will take it to the bank as gospel. We have tangled a few times and he has served me my ass on a plate a few times but he was correct every time and there are few people for whom have as much respect for as a rider and a supporter of this industry...;)

Making light of a snow related death is always crossing the line around here!
I definitely don't know BA as well, but I've had a couple good conversations with him. With that being said, I definitely agree with Snowolf. He does a lot for this sport.

P.S. BurtonAvenger, where's my fucking shirt from years ago?! hahaha

#41 ·
you need to understand that i do not make threats. Killclimbz has warned you over and over and over. Each time you apologize and mind your manners for a time but always start your shit again. Your word means nothing. Yes, i did mention you in the thread after you brought up your bullshit as you have dome for years.

I gave you the opportunity to back off but you made a choice to challenge my warning and as i said, i don't make threats. Email all you like; i stand by my decision and whatever killclimbz decides i will honor but our dialogue is permanently over; you have burned that bridge as you have done with so many. I have put up with your shot for several years and have been more than patient and now i am done with you.

norad: I think the nuke button has been pressed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.