Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board for Deeper Days - Charlie Slasher?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
phony_stark
Veteran Member

Supra may come in and recommend the sherlock (which I haven't ridden yet, but want for next year.) so I can't personally say it's a good choice, but based on people's impressions and thoughts, it may be what you're looking for.

I have ridden the Charlie Slasher and it's a beast. It looks like a regular snowboard, you stand on it like a regular snowboard (set back a little bit) and it rides like a regular snowboard......but in pow.

Both my GNU and Joystick floated pretty well in pow, but I had to really get my legs going, especially the back one, to adjust/absorb the terrain. I even flipped over the handle bars a few times when I wasn't careful.

Charlie is different. All I had to do was strap in and ride. No rear leg burn (that I can remember), it smashes through crud, it's impossible to sink, and shit that would have been a disaster on the other boards I've ridden in pow, were an afterthought. At the end of the day, you're not tired, and you probably had an easier time riding than people on regular boards with a higher skill level (at least I did.)

Price is nice too.

/my worthless opinion

Last edited by phony_stark; 12-05-2012 at 02:42 PM.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote