Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Provo Bros, Steelhead and Spines Video AK!!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
ShredLife
The Rooster King

you can think i'm a douchebag but the fact is a swung fly for winter steelhead is straight up spiritual. it is zen. using bobbers to get at them easier is legit. people do it, i do it too - but to me it doesn't mean as much.

i flyfish for steelhead because it is harder than other methods. it takes more practice to learn it and to be good at it and it is harder and for me more fun to land fish on a flyrod. maybe that makes me a douchebag but its a fact. i've caught fish pretty much every other way too and if i was just in it for meat or something i'd fish bait and gear, but that isn't why i fish. i also didn't choose to fly fish to make it easier and when you hit up steelhead on a fly with a bobber instead of swinging for them its to get into them easier - nothing really wrong with it, i guess i shouldn't be talking shit... but they were fondling swinging flies in their box and then showing bobber hook-ups.

i don't give a fuck how anyone else fishes as long as they aren't snagging or gillnetting or something like that - if you have more fun doing something else then great, go at it... but don't try and tell me that chucking a spinner or taking a lift to ride controlled terrain takes just as much dedication or skill - because it doesn't. it isn't about elitism, just facts
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote