Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stupid shit going on.
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #180 (permalink)
SnowRock
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
TGR has more information and experience on it in just one of its forum than this entire site has. Uh, why wouldn't any rider benefit from reading posts by a large variety of very seasoned, experienced folks? Your question doesn't make any sense to me. I might read this forum to find out what NS's latest decks are for the current season.... but I read TGR to find out (or keep up with) what has been going on with ski/snow sports and resorts in general.
So we agree on Epic Ski... but like I said, its not the place to go for anything specific on snowboarding.

TGR has great info but much of it would mean nothing to the average rider. Does it really benefit the 10 day a year guy to know the ins and outs of Le Grave? The "beta" on the backcountry for someone that will never earn a turn. The macro industry/resort stuff? Why does someone making one trip a year care?

Even at a resort info level, any discussion is centered around skiers (mostly) at a much different experience level than the masses. That what I meant with my question.

Does it hurt to read that sort of stuff? Of course not. Is it practical info that the flatlander going to a resort out west for his first time can do anything with? Not really. Its certainly not a place to ask questions (on anything) if you aren't already riding/skiing at a high level.
SnowRock is offline   Reply With Quote