Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - WTF - Midwest Season Pass Prices
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #43 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughanabe13 View Post
No need to feel sorry for him or be condescending. Not everyone can live near a killer mountain, so you make do and find fun where you can. Few things irritate me more than sitting on a lift with someone who is a first-timer at the hill and is used to skiing out west and then listening to them complain loudly about how awful the hill is and how they would kill themselves if they had to live here. So annoying.
Ditto. If you hate it so much then stay the fuck home.

Kind of ironic, maybe, but I started skiing/riding as a kid, really really liked it but couldn't afford it, got super stoked when my folks took us to Tremblant and my dad took me to Killington back in 1996 and 1997, and then kinda got "spoiled" in the sense that I was one of those guys who just didn't want to ride locally any more. I would go out a few times a year maybe, through college (admittedly I had other priorities that probably should not have been priorities...) fast-forward after college and I re-discovered my love for snowboarding. After scrounging for a few years to take an annual trip out West i basically said fuck this is killing me and I'm barely getting any good opportunities to snowboard.

So I chose to "make due with what I have" and ride the shit out of these local hills.

Got boring as fuck, obviously. So at 30 I decided to start riding park for basically the first time ever.

That'll cure your boredom. It may not be rock drops and pow slashes, but I'll tell you what stomping that new trick for the first time feels damn good and I'd rather be riding an icy park than saving money for a once-a-year trip to some big mountain that I'm barely in good enough shape to ride anyways.

Cheers.

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 42

Mt. Brighton - 13
Mt. Holly - 5
Hawk Island - 3
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2