Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - LASIK eye surgery??
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
boarderaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Thanks! Yeah I sort of had a feeling going into the surgery 4 years ago that I would likely keep changing (the myopia that is)... So at the time I paid extra for the "Zyoptik" treatment that included free touch ups for life.

Reacted well to the last surgery so here's hoping this one goes as well...

Lasik-MDs official site says 3 days after surgery if wearing protection, but the lady on the phone said that was optimistic. I don't think there'd be anything wrong with going out to cruise around in some powder if we got a dump a few days after my surgery. I'd probably want to stay out of the trees and calm my groomer bombing tendencies however!

Thanks for the non-official (I won't sue you) info!
Haha no worries. The primary concern with any surgery really is to give your surgery site a chance to heal before you go bumping it around. I'd also be a bit more concerned about being a bit more sensitive to UV, lights and so on and so forth right after surgery. But really, I'd say to listen to your body and just be careful with making sure you don't crash into things. Duh.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote