Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Locking your snowboards up?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #43 (permalink)
ComeBack_Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
Same here. If somebody really wants my board I'm sure they would be able to steal it even with it locked. It's a simple deterrent against crimes of opportunity.

I'm sure that everybody here would say that if he saw somebody trying to steal his snowboard, he would go "knock his teeth in" or something similar. I'm wondering however, what everybody would do if he saw somebody cutting the lock on a random board on the hill? Would you go confront the person? What would you say to him? If his reply were something like, "This is my board; I just forgot the combination" or "I lost the key" then what would you say or do?
Yes, I would confront someone cutting the lock on a board. Or a bike. Or anything, really. No, I wouldn't just walk up and punch them.

I would say something along the lines of "Ok man, if the board is yours, that's cool, but you just cut a lock and you're not walking away with that board until we get someone over here to get your info." Then, flag down ski patrol or really anyone who works there to check the guy's ID, pass, whatever, and make sure that if it's actually a stolen board, they have all of his info. If he was like "F*** tha,t I'm leaving" I'd probably let him go and report it immediately.

For the record: If it was my board, or I knew for fact they were stealing the board, yes, I would hit them. Fighting while wearing snowboarding gloves is fun. Your knuckles are protected and cushioned, but the force behind your punches aren't.

Last edited by ComeBack_Kid; 12-05-2012 at 07:52 PM.
ComeBack_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote