Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton T6, Burton T7, Custom X
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by BWayne89 View Post
Ideally I would like to get a hold of a T7 model but I havent been able to locate one. I realize the T7 is basically the updated t6. Somehow the T6 model 164cm Wide is still available. Should I settle for a T6 or grab this years model Custom X. Ideally I want a hard charging carving board for groomers and powder scenarios.
I've got about 70 days on a T7 so far... It's a machine. Finding one will be next to impossible (I looked last year at this time because my movers cracked the topsheet).

Originally Posted by BWayne89 View Post
Seriously? The quality is that cheap?
I had a T6 prior to the T7 and the black vinyl/plastic on top of the pads came off on day one. Gave it back to the store and Burton sent me back a T7.

Originally Posted by Supra View Post
bad design. on the t7 they put those pads under the topsheet
I find this really hard to believe. In fact I just checked my board... I just held my board up to the light and I can see right through it where those pads were on the T6... There is a much smaller D shaped area you can see through the base. Maybe they changed the dimensions of it? Seems like a weird thing to put inside a board though.

It's an aluminium honeycomb, FG, and CF beast of a board!

If you ever find one buy it and sell it to me at a premium...

Edit: I should mention the topsheet is very weak on these. They chip and crack easy, but it doesn't affect the performance of the board so who cares... I was just disheartened the first time my $1000 board cracked!

Last edited by poutanen; 12-05-2012 at 09:13 PM.