Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Torn on the right board for me!!
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
Brizors

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
Ive owned the GNU RC and i really liked it. The only reason i got rid of it was i bought a ride berserker, after a few days on the zerker i was convinced i didnt need the RC anymore. The RC was great in powder and was nice and forgiving when i ventured into the park but was still stiff enough that it gave me great responsiveness.

Now the zerker is amazing, seems more stable especially when bombing, better turn initiation and as good edge hold as the magne traction, more pop and faster. hence why i sold the RC.

IMO the RC is great but the ride is better!!
Very interesting, my friends 2007 or so RC doesn't have MTX but it seems the newer ones do??? Anyways you still recommend the berserk over the RC? How is the Berserk in flex compared to the RC and how was it in terms of messing around down the run, say throwing some butters and quick kickers, also what about landing big air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
I second that opinion about the good ride being crap. I just went through a bunch of boards that I either own or have owned and what they write is messed up. Just forget about that site. 90% of the board reviews on there are based off board specs and not off actual riding experience.
Dammit... well that pretty much messes up my ENTIRE lineup of boards.. That basically puts me back at square one then. :/ I guess I can still use it as an encyclopedia of whats out there.. Are even their boot reviews bad? Just curious, what's the best method from your experience to find what's out there and get legit reviews? Boardinsiders on youtube seem to be pretty informative with real riders and video clips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
Smokin snowboards - super park or buck ferton.
Nice do you own or have ridden them, can you give me a quick rundown of your experience?

Edit,

Also thank you linvillegorge and Bayoh, appreciate the feedback.

I agree with you on that philosophy Bayoh, is there a Flow board you have had good experience with and would recommend?

Also, I know some board manufacturers size vary, but what is a good general board length? I'd say my average weight per year is 153, I'm done growing, and sometimes I get into hardcore workout mindsets and get to 160lb, but I never keep it.. I felt my 159 Attack Banana is too big to mess around with.

Last edited by Brizors; 12-06-2012 at 02:27 AM.
Brizors is offline   Reply With Quote