Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Dem pow Rockets.
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
TorpedoVegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
Random drunk thoughts:

You don't neeeeed edge tech for a board, let alone one that will be pow specific. Rider skill should get you through your "oh shit" moments, which I have regardless of tech.

Extruded base for a powboard is also not a huge deal(breaker).

I sized up with my pow board, it made landings way easier for me.

I think any dedicated p0w stick will stoke you out, get the one that's in your price range, then geek out on other shapes later. For instance, I have a Charlie Slasher and rode it for three of the best days ever, now I wanna add the Bataleon Camel Toe, Burton Sherlock and maybe a slack country or powder snake later...even though it's dumb and I'm assuming I'm only going to get about 6-8 amazing pow days a year.
You're right about the edge tech and the extruded base not being a deal breaker for a pow board. The original question was for a pow board with a side of groomers... Which is where the other stuff kind of starts to shape the decision making process a little bit more. If it was a purely deep snow pow board I'd love to try out a Yes 420.... That board would be sweet as long as it never saw hard pack/groomers. It all depends on how large of a quiver you can finance... There's always one more board
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote