Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Goggle q's - lens quality/durability
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
jliu

Default Goggle q's - lens quality/durability

Hey everyone, in the market for a new pair of goggles. I hate starting new threads but I couldn't find any other ones to thread jack :P

I've ridden the Spy Zeds for a couple of years now (mirror + persimmons) and they've served me pretty well in all conditions. However,I'm now looking for a pair that'll give me a bigger peripheral vision. Problem is I dont have a large face to support big fit goggles...so I can pretty much nix the EG2s, Feenoms (vz), Splices, I/O's...

So far with my research I've limited my selection down to the VZ Skylabs and Smith I/OS. The Smith Phenoms are prob a better comparison...but I'm looking for a dual lens package. So my questions is...

Is there any difference between the optical clarity and lens durability between Smith and VZ? Seems like all makers have the same specs (UV, anti fog, dual lens, blah blah blah...) so makes me wonder if theres any marked difference between companies. Maybe they're all made in the same factory? LOL.

Any help is appreciated!
jliu is offline   Reply With Quote