Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Goggle q's - lens quality/durability
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
extra0
Veteran Member

same boat, here: medium face and the newer wide view goggles wouldn't fit me right. I tried a lot of goggles: electric eg2 and 2.5, VZ skylab and kabong, Zeal eclipse, etc. and they were all just a little too big, putting my eyes too low in the goggle and the nose piece obstructing vision.

I actually owned and rode in smith I/O and the view isn't as wide as the hype, they weren't that snug and they kept fogging between the lenses. Personally, I wouldn't go the smith route at all because of the fogging issues and they're expensive

Zeal are the highest quality lenses on the market (finest construction, too). Their "slate" model fit me perfectly, but I thought they looked kinda ugly/weird once I put them on. The standard mirror lens version (28% VLT) are also reasonably priced for the quality...but no bonus lens.

I highly recommend trying the Dragon "Rogue". It's a medium fit goggle with peripheral vision as wide as EG2, but the top and bottom aren't exaggerated to the point where you have to pull the goggle way down on your nostrils. The lenses are also super high quality. Some Rogues come with a bonus flat light lens, but at $160, might be considered pricey (although I did see the dual lens package at 6pm.com for $130)

VZ feenom are also good for medium faces, but not as wide angle as the Dragon rogue...plus, the lenses aren't as HQ as Dragon

Last edited by extra0; 12-06-2012 at 02:35 PM.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote