Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - GoPro Hero3 battery life sucks or user error?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
jojotherider

Yeah, I had the contour HD before the GoPro and it seems to have died a bit. It seems to be overexposing everything. I've even reset the settings, but nothing changed.

I like the form factor of the contours, but really like the 1080p/60fps of the GoPro. Also like the picture taking ability (10fps or even 30fps for 1 second). Still, if it doesn't work, what's the point of the features?

I'm going to pick up an extra battery and give this a couple more days on the hill. I bought it at REI so I can return it whenever if it doesn't work out.

edit: i'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but does anyone know how GoPro (or any helmet cam company) measures batter life? according to http://gopro.com/support/article/?21298591 I should get 2.5 hrs in mild to warm temps. I'm assuming that's in the 50-70 degree range with wifi turned off and shooting in 480p. I sent mail to GoPro just now to ask

-joel

Last edited by jojotherider; 12-06-2012 at 06:22 PM.
jojotherider is offline   Reply With Quote