Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Goggle q's - lens quality/durability
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
jliu

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra0 View Post
I highly recommend trying the Dragon "Rogue". It's a medium fit goggle with peripheral vision as wide as EG2, but the top and bottom aren't exaggerated to the point where you have to pull the goggle way down on your nostrils. The lenses are also super high quality. Some Rogues come with a bonus flat light lens, but at $160, might be considered pricey (although I did see the dual lens package at 6pm.com for $130)

VZ feenom are also good for medium faces, but not as wide angle as the Dragon rogue...plus, the lenses aren't as HQ as Dragon
Interesting...i was also considering the Rogue as well given its decent price point. However, I haven't heard much in the way of their quality of lenses. Im surprised you see them as that high quality. The issue is most of the rogue's ive seen w/ 2 lenses start to get fairly pricey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello24 View Post
OP, have you tried the Spy Platoon or the Spy Marshall? The Platoon is a big spherical google in the same vein as EG2s and Fishbowls but designed to fit any face shape, including small faces. The Marshalls are a smaller version of the Platoon.
Ha...you know after I posted my thread i searched up Spy...and the marshall caught my eye....hrm...
Based on current DF prices:
Marshalls w/ extra persimmons is $103
Skylab w/ 2 lenses is $95
Rogues w/ 2 lenses is $128

Again...just based on lens quality and durability...is there a difference between these 3 companies? Am I just selecting totally based on fit and style...or is there a marked difference in lens quality? Spy's website actually says something abt carl zeiss optics...

thanks for all the responses...keep em coming!
jliu is offline   Reply With Quote