There have been some guest conflicts with the manager of that property. To be honest I think it is someone who stayed there holding a grudge against the Hotel. You may also want to consider looking at staying in Southfork. Not as nice of a town as Pagosa, but it's about the same length of time to drive up the pass from the Southfork side as it is the Pagosa. Southfork has the advantage that if the pass is closed, it is closed after the ski area. So you can still get there. Granted, Wolf Creek employees live on both sides of the pass, so their operations would be limited, but they generally get a few lifts spinning on these days. Which of course are some of the best you can have when that happens...
You're a life saver, we some how added 4 more people to the trip, so we all just rented a cabin in Southfork. Really awesome to know that if things get crazy, at least the pass will be open. I think I will spend my time attempting to own the bunny slope, so hopefully if the weather makes a turn for the worse " or better ? " they will open the bunny slope =D.
On a side note, it's rather inexpensive to go snowboarding once you put it all down on paper, lessons add a nice size chunk to the trip, but after those are out of the way weekend trips do not seem like they would cost all that much. This definitely could turn into the greatest hobby I have ever had lol. Thanks for the reply.