Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking at a new bike - Ninja 650 or SV 650
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 01:20 AM   #29 (permalink)
NewbALewb

Quote:
Originally Posted by roremc View Post
Hi guys,

Looking at picking up a new used bike. Very late in the season but there a few deals around. I was looking at an 07 SV 650 but have found a 09 Ninja 650 that I like. Any thoughts on which one is better? I am new to riding and will be doing more highway riding than anything else.
I know its a little late to reply, but if i were you I would hold on to your money, unless you're dead set on either of those models. 3 years ago I almost bought a Repsol edition Honda CBR in October for 6k, I think it was actually like 5800 dollars, with 1200 miles on it. You might check out the Suzuki GSXR 750, Yamaha R6, Or a HONDA CBR. The only reason i suggest these is because you that almost seems to be the style you're going for. Don't listen to what people say about not buying a sport bike as your first bike, they are cheap, they go fast, etc. I have known several people who have owned 600cc sport bikes as their first bike, and none of them got into accidents. Of course there are the stories about the people around my area who have died because they hit a median at 100 miles in hour, and cracked their noggins, but doing stupid shit like that, without knowing what you are doing makes terrible things happen.

I have never owned a crotch rocket, mainly because I know people drive like assholes. I have almost been side swiped so many times, driving a f350 crew cab truck, by women on their phones " usually always women ". I would hate to have that shit happen on a bike.
NewbALewb is offline   Reply With Quote