Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Lib Tech Banana Magic impressions / review
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
someguy

Hello Brainwashed,

I read your review and it's VERY interesting for me because I tend to buy a LibTech board, but I still don't know which one to get.

About me:
Usually I'm rinding 70% of my time on piste/groomers, 20% Offpiste/Frontcountry, 10% Park. I'm 1,82m tall and weigh 70kg. I am able to ride quite OK, which means: Normal pistes (all difficulties) are no problem, except for steep mogul slopes. Until now I haven't spent so much time in the park (i.e <<10% of my time, but I want to spend more time in the park in the future and come to the abovementioned 10% then). My park skills are modest therefore, i.e. flat boxes and small kickers are OK and I'm not doing any rails yet. I always try to catch powder if possible. Deep snow isn't a problem usually, except for when the ground and weather conditions are very bad.

At the moment I'm riding an Atom (not Atomic) Royality 159 Allmountain-Board with a Burton Cartel 09/10 binding and I use Salomon Maori in 42 (9).

What I am looking for:

I'm looking for a board that suits best for the abovementioned riding style. I looked around in german and english forums, at snowboard magazines' reviews, at blogs (angrysnowboarder, shayboarder, etc.) and in reviews in Youtube.

From what I heard, these boards would be my favorites at the moment (order: 1 = preferred, 8 = not preferred):

1.) LibTech TRS 157/159 (still undecided regarding the length)
2.) LibTech Banana Magic 157
3.) LibTech Attack Banana 156/159 (still undecided regarding the length)
4.) GNU Riders Choice 157
5.) Capita Black Snowboard Of Death 156/159 (still undecided regarding the length)
6.) LibTech Jamie Lynn Phoenix 157/160 (still undecided regarding the length)
7.) Ride Machete GT 157/160 (still undecided regarding the length)
8.) Rome Mod Rocker 156/159 (still undecided regarding the length)

I think the Neversumme boards (for example SL and Proto) are fine boards too, but I think they won't fit to my requirements so well.

Most important questions:

What do you think which LibTech Board fits best to me and which size would you recommed for me? I heard positive reviews about all of the boards, which makes the decision quite hard. I want to go for some buttering too and I thought that the Magic is too stiff for that and that I might be happier with a TRS, for example. An experienced guy from a german forum strongly recommended that I should prefer the Attack Banana over the Banana Magic, but I also heard that the EC2 is not so matured in comparison to the C2BTX or the shape of the Banana Magic (I forgot the name).

In this review they (just like you) prefer the Banana Magic more than the Attack Banana.

Also the guy in this video doesn't look so euphoric when he speaks about the Attack Banana.

I also tend to switch to Rome 390 Boss bindings (I like the idea of these canting pads because I have some knee issues) and Burton Ion boots (size 9). Do you think that's a fine combination together with some LibTech board?

Last edited by someguy; 12-09-2012 at 06:19 AM.
someguy is offline   Reply With Quote