Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Driving from Vancouver to Whistler
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
deepcove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane700 View Post
A bunch of stars aligned for me this year and I'm headed to Whistler this January. My flight is getting in late (about 11:15PM) and it looks like there are no shuttles running to whistler at that hour. I'm supposed to meet up witt some friends that morning so I've reserved an SUV and I'm going drive up to Whistler that night. I am wondering what the drive is like. I am from Chicago so driving in snow is not a problem. I am comfortable driving in the mountains as well. What I am not sure about is driving in the snow, in the mountains. Is this a treacherous drive? ..or is it a wide cushy plowed highway?

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.
In 20 plus years of driving from Vancouver to Whistler only twice would I have considered it a treacherous drive. It can be if a big storm is coming though and the temp drops. Driving with common sense will get you there no problem, especially with an SUV. The best thing about driving up late night is minimum traffic, unfortunately you will miss out on some beautiful views of Howe Sound.

Enjoy Whistler!!
deepcove is offline   Reply With Quote