Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rainbows and Powder-some pics from a storm week :D
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Default Rainbows and Powder-some pics from a storm week :D

some more pics.....*dislaimer I suck at taking pics and all I have is a stupid iPhone which Im terrified of dropping in the snow. So most pics are from inside the gondola

Left LA at 4am sunday morning headed right into the storm! I did ride some when I got there but it was no vis and not much open. Just did a few runs then headed home to sleep.

Monday was super packed, the entire ski/boarding population of LA called in sick. Lines were long and I mostly stuck to lower mountain tree runs to avoid the crowds. I cried many tears over the closing of June Mountain, as this would have been the day to go there. I didn't take many pics, I was too busy enjoying the pow. But here's the view of the sun starting to set from the last chair ride to the top

Tuesday was like monday but even better, The wind shifted all the snow around. Top to bottom laps all day

Wednesday it started to snow again. It was raining lower mountain and snowing up top, however the upper lifts were closed for wind hold. I met up with a buddy and we lapped ch 3 which is mid mountain I guess. Super wet, cold and windy but knee deep pow turns were had. We could only do a handful of runs before being too wet/cold to go on. So it was three laps on the chair then a lap at the bar I risked getting my phone wet just so I could send this picture and make my friends with real jobs jelly!

Thursday was a banner day FO SHO. I don't know how much snow fell in the mini storm but it was enough to fill everything in. Stupidly I slept in and underestimated how many people would show up. Top was tracked out by 9:30 when arrived but still plenty of fluffy chopped up pow to play in. Lower mountain was totally crappy so I just lapped the top until that got crappy. Then I headed to the backside where there was still tons of fresh to be found in the trees.

Last edited by mixie; 12-07-2012 at 12:40 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote