Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Making the most of Whistler in 2.5 days
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cane700

Default Making the most of Whistler in 2.5 days

As I mentioned in my other thread. In mid January I am going to Whistler/Blackcomb for the first time. I was not expecting to be taking a big mountain trip this year so I haven't had much time to research the place. I was looking at the trail map and I am drooling. I have a lot of questions for you locals/regulars. I am a fairly advanced boarder and I will be with a group of people whose skills range from intermediate to advanced.

The first and most obvious question is. Where are the best spots to get some nice powder runs (if at all possible). Are there parts of the mountain(s) that get better snow than others? Any spots to avoid?

I see that there is a glacier inbounds on Blackcomb. Can you ride on it? Do you need a guide to avoid crevasses. When I hear glacier, I keep thinking of Chamonix where people die in cravasses on a regular basis.

When the snow is tracked up, where should I be?

Any any good places to eat/drink in the village. We will be staying near the base of Blackcomb. Recommendations?

Where can I park the car on the cheap?

Any other helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Cane700 is offline   Reply With Quote