Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Lib Tech Banana Magic impressions / review
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
Richie67

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
Very interesting. So I guess I should better be buying a LibTech TRS or Attack Banana. You guys also recommended GNU Rider's Choice to me, but I think I prefer the LibTech boards. I can't quite explain why, but the fact that more LibTech boards are recommended as top-boards makes me think that they produce better boards and have more experience in general. I know that they belong together at Mervin, but maybe there's still a difference.

So when those two boards are shortlisted, which one of them is a little bit more suitable and which size would you take?

- LibTech TRS 157 (minimum rider weight 58kg)
- LibTech TRS 159 (minimum rider weight 63kg)
- LibTech Attack Banana 156 (minimum rider weight 61kg)
- LibTech Attack Banana 159 (minimum rider weight 63kg)

I weigh about 70kg and together with my clothes and equipment I'm far over the 63kg, so I tend to get 159 length.

@hktrdr & @GreyDragon:

Both of you said that 1 (TRS) and 4 (RC) are best and that 3 (AB) is only second-best. Why is that? Could you please explain why you think that TRS fits better to me than Attack Banana? I need to know more about the thing TRS vs. Attack Banana. I feel like I can pull the trigger soon, but I need some more information before spending that much money. :-)

By the way, what do you think about my proposal to combine that board with a Rome 390 Boss and Burton Ions? At the moment I use Burton Cartels with Salomon Maori boots.
The weight recommendation is a minimum, and its just that.. a recommendation. Don't be worried you are a good bit heavier than the minimum. I'm 75kg and I'd never consider the TRS in 159. Even at 5kg heavier than you my decision would be between the 154 and 157.

I like the park and love hitting any natural features I can find, don't get the chance to ride much powder (and when I do I'll have a powder deck) and enjoy a more playful feel when on groomers as apposed to a stiffer board to bomb with. 154 would be my personal preference on the TRS.

Had a smiliar decision recently between 157/154 NS Proto, got the 154.
Richie67 is offline   Reply With Quote