Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Riding question for beginners?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 02:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
gjsnowboarder
Veteran Member

For example I taught a person from Michigan last year, and it was mentioned that our bunny hill runs (green) runs were steeper and longer then the mountain she originally learnt at. I also have ridden out on the east coast and seen the type of runs length, steepness of grade, difficulty of terrain, etc.. so the grading of the terrain for green, blues, and blacks is more local. Even though ski resorts try to keep some resemblance to uniform difficulty in the rating of terrain it just isn't realistic.

If I remember right from the decade ago when I rode Red lodge last time the front side of the mountain was pretty friendly. I would suggest starting off again with the Miami Beach lift ticket. If you are able to do well with basic top to bottom runs with out falling while doing s-turns with only one to two stops you can always upgrade your ticket later. If you do this stick to the greens. Do not try to ride down into coal creek at this stage. Hell it might not even be open yet anyway. Once you can comfortable Tipi trail and or turnpike then consider the blues that are accessible from Triple Chair (again not the one that goes into Coal Creek). Once you can feel comfortable on those then consider bumping up the next lift Grizzly peak and take Lazy M to Chicken Trail. Understand this will probably not happen in a day maybe not even this season. Riding the length of trails will tire you out quicker then you think. So remember to stay hydrated and not try your hardest runs on the last runs of the day.

Last edited by gjsnowboarder; 12-08-2012 at 02:21 AM. Reason: some of my spelling errors
gjsnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote