Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Lib Tech Banana Magic impressions / review
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #27 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainwashed View Post
Where is Mervin saying that the Magic is more of a off groomer board and the Lynn where the Lynn is? The Lynn is actually set back .5" for powder.

Have you ridden these boards? If you had you would know the Magic is not squirelly and rips in the carve.
Mervin says so pretty much in every single piece of marketing material that we have for our shops. Their reps are also consistent in pointing that the Magic is all-terrain machine meant for powder, ice, and broken snow - pretty much anything but groomers and park.
Yes, it can lock into a carve on hardpack because of its terrific edge hold (although those carves are nothing compared to the amazing pow carves and slashes that the board is capable of), but it is still squirelly on groomers and hardpack - a function of the amount of rocker in the profile and of the sidecut (plus a few other factors).

The Jamie Lynn is a completely different animal. It is more of a charging deck than one made for pow slashing than the Magic. And it has the setback for pow because it much less rocker in profile than the Magic (and the other Lib-Tech C2 decks) - incidentally that also makes it a much more stable board on groomers.

And yes, I have ridden these board - and some of our shops sell them. I have also owned my fair share of different Bananas. That would include a Magic if I did not have 2 other pow targeted already - because I sure as hell would not own for groomer use.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote