Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Lib Tech Banana Magic impressions / review
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 04:11 AM   #28 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainwashed View Post
Those are tough questions.

In my opinion, and it should be noted that I completely disagree with HKTRDR who has replied multiple times in response to you, for your riding I would rank the boards your looking at like this:

1.) LibTech TRS 157/159 (still undecided regarding the length)
2.) LibTech Attack Banana 156/159 (still undecided regarding the length)
3.) LibTech Banana Magic 157

I actually avoid the park. It would need to be perfect conditions for me to go in there. So for me the Banana MAgic is great. It flat rips on the groomers. And I mean, it's dead solid fast, steady and planted. It links carves better than some of the old slalom race boards I use to actually run gates with. It's great. Other people have said the same thing. Hell I was talking to a guy who finished boards at the Mervin Factory last weekend at Crystal and he said the Magic is too "carvy" for him and he like the Attack Banana.

For you, it sounds like you would want a board a little more forgiving on the park and doing jibs and flatland type tricks and buttering. That would point your wants more towards the Attack Banana or the TRS. I think the Magic Banana would be a little too demanding and stiff for a beginner in the aprk. I would want a full Skate Banana if I wanted to learn how to ride the stuff in the park.
Well, we do seem disagree on the relative ranking of Lib-Tech boards for the guy asking the questions

Quote:
I just got back from skipping work and riding all day in 14" of new. I am still loving the Magic for the riding I do, but again I don't go in the park. I wouldn't know what I would want from a snowboard even if I did go in there. I would just want the softest more rockery board and shortest board I could get.

I would steer your towards one of the shorter length Attack Banana or the TRS. I would say the Attack Banana as a first choice. And again, the shorter lengths. You would only want more length if you want float in the powder. For jibs and the parks I would run a shorter board.
And we agree on that, too

Quote:
You really should demo all three boards though so you can feel what you think of them. Is there a way you can do that in Germany?

If you can't demo them, I really do think you would be happy with either the Attack or the TRS. I know I would have!
And agree on that that, as well

Last edited by hktrdr; 08-22-2013 at 02:26 AM.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote