Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Lib Tech Banana Magic impressions / review
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #31 (permalink)
Brainwashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Mervin says so pretty much in every single piece of marketing material that we have for our shops. Their reps are also consistent in pointing that the Magic is all-terrain machine meant for powder, ice, and broken snow - pretty much anything but groomers and park.
Yes, it can lock into a carve on hardpack because of its terrific edge hold (although those carves are nothing compared to the amazing pow carves and slashes that the board is capable of), but it is still squirelly on groomers and hardpack - a function of the amount of rocker in the profile and of the sidecut (plus a few other factors).

The Jamie Lynn is a completely different animal. It is more of a charging deck than one made for pow slashing than the Magic. And it has the setback for pow because it much less rocker in profile than the Magic (and the other Lib-Tech C2 decks) - incidentally that also makes it a much more stable board on groomers.

And yes, I have ridden these board - and some of our shops sell them. I have also owned my fair share of different Bananas. That would include a Magic if I did not have 2 other pow targeted already - because I sure as hell would not own for groomer use.
Okay, at this point your just making things up and I get really tired of people in active sports who do what you are doing. You haven't ridden any of these boards. If you had you would know that your 'shop knowledge' is incorrect.

Also, Libtech does not market the Magic as a backcountry exclusive board. It's their dream quiver killer board as far as I can tell. Quote from Lib Tech's web page:
"The Banana Magic Horsepower series is completely Volcanic Organic and features all basalt construction (no traditional fiberglass) BEANs top material, Columbian Gold eco timber core combined with deep sidecuts and “enhanced” banana. Lib Tech has tuned this combination of geometry, construction and flex to create incredible edge grip in all conditions especially ice, unbelievable float in powder and broken snow, effortless jibbing and damp quiet stability at speed. You carve, you jib, you carve, you jib."

Note the above key words: Carve, Stability, and Damp. Those are all terms you claim the Magic is not and claim Lib's markets says other wise.

I personally would appreciate it if you stopped confusing people about the Lib Tech line up. I cringe to think that you are in a shop telling people the things you are writing here. You also clearly don't read the marketing material you cite as gospel.

Regardless, anyone looking at these boards should go out of your way to ride them for yourself and see what you think. Just because some guys online are yammering about something doesn't mean you should buy it blindly. I can guarantee that if you can carve a snowboard you will be very happy with the Attack or Magic Banana or the TRS. They are just different takes on the same ideal and all rip.
Brainwashed is offline   Reply With Quote