Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

stevens

4K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  Clayton Bigsby 
#1 ·
Stevens is going to be sick tomorrow, 12 to 20" more SL 1500'

Just finished waxing the FISH, looks like I'll need it, no bad for my first day

#3 · (Edited)
I was up there today. When I left, I went to do a couple quick donuts in the lower lot (lot one) and the snow was up to the windows in my allroad :eek:

Tomorrow is going to be sick, if you head up, look for me. neon yellow volcom jacket, blue volcom pants. On a custom flying V. Will be a single, somewhere near the front of the big cheif line. You are welcome to catch a chair up.

#8 ·
That1Guy, sorry that they closed up the backside on you today, but not sorry that you're at Stevens enjoying the AWESOME conditions anyway! Yesterday at Rainier was off the hook, and last night it dumped EVERYWHERE. I wish I didn't have work this weekend.

#9 ·
Yeah, it was windy as hell today and the snow was so deep off 7th Heave that everyone was just getting stuck. It was nice dry pow that we rarely see around here (especially this early in the season). There were lots of cracks and small creek type holes but the coverage is getting really good. I have to work for a few day then have Wed Thurs off this week so I plan to hit Stevens or Baker up 1 of the days. The other I will probably spend being all grouchy at the mall buying Xmas shit for the kids :RantExplode: I hate the mall and would much rather spend 2 days riding, but it is the holiday's.

#10 ·
well the season has begun, lets just hope it stays cold and snowy :bowdown:. today at meadows was fucking great. felt so good to fly around and pop off of all kinds of shit. still some spotty coverage tho... flew off a cliff that shouldn't really have been there. the weather and vis was bad enough that it wasn't really busy and the fresh tracks were :yahoo:

#13 ·
I was up there today too. Lapped Chief all morning in the trees between the lift and Wild Katz all morning until I ventured out to check out Hogs and Sky. Snowed and blew like crazy all day. I'll be up there tomorrow for some backside slayage. Look for my green Sick Stick, black jacket gray pants. Tomorrow will be epic.

#19 ·
Man, it was ridiculous up there today.

Overhead in some places on the backside when people stopped. Snow was super deep, lightest snow I've ever ridden with. Ended up with 3 other rippers, we definitely slayed the backside for a bit.

Super busy day though. Hope everyone made it out okay. I saw a few adults stuck in holes a foot deeper than the tops of their helmets. Hope all the kids were alright.

#20 ·
WOW what a DAY! SO deep... but the crazy part was how blower the snow was. Stuck to the steeps and the drops all day, the lines off 7th heaven seriously blew my mind apart. :yahoo:

Cheers everyone that got to get a taste :thumbsup:

That's my jacket and I always wear a helmet. I'm there with a crew of guys most weekdays and some weekends, if you're a stevens shredder give a shout when you see me pointing it from the skyline chair :D

#24 ·
Woke up Saturday morning to a snow report that said 39" overnight at Stevens (48" in 24hrs). Didn't believe because Stevens lies! Checked Stevens' website, 3 independent sites, and called their snowline. They all agreed.

We barely made it up on Saturday, as I found out later. We left earlier than usual but still got stuck in bad traffic as the snow continued puking down as far as Gold Bar. Pulled into the parking lot just before 9:30, hearing avy bombing in the background, and set foot on snow right as they opened up first chair on Skyline/Hogs. Talking to random people on the chair later that day, sounds like people that arrived 45-60min. after us were either forced down to the satellite parking lot or turned away altogether.

We went up both Saturday/Sunday this weekend and yeah....it was epic. I don't use that word often, but no better descriptor. If you missed out Saturday, well....good luck having another day like that in the next decade! :yahoo:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.