Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Epic Ski Crashes
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Gdog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV82 View Post
Are there still resorts that require use of a leash?

If a liftie ever told me buy one of those before I could ride up I'd beat the shit out of him.
Yeah, there are still some in MI, as far as I know. The lift operators around here are sometimes kinda grumpy and intimidating and usually look at whoever's getting on the lift next to check they have their ticket and sometimes a leash. I had strapped in on the lift once and when I got off I was stopped by this old asshole operator who told me that I'm not allowed to do that; and said if I did it again I'd be banned or have my ticket revoked or something. Yet he happened to be smoking and droping all his cigarette butts on the exit ramp of the lift.
Now my board is addicted to nicotine and I can't get it to quit smoking!

The lifties in CO were the complete opposite though. Every one of them were social, younger, smiled and tried to make conversation. Some of them were wearing snowboard boots and had their boards by the operating station. Being snowboarders is probably why they had their typical awesome attitudes. I do know some skiers who are just as nice, but most I've met are serious.
I wish all lifties were like the ones I met in CO.

Last edited by Gdog42; 12-08-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote