Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I Broke It
Thread: I Broke It
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 03:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
daysailer1

That sucks.

My mountain bike currently has a curse on it and is still inoperative. It is however 18 years old. I replaced both inner tubes this Spring as they were old and flat. After reassembling the rear wheel, I finally noticed the rear tire was really bald. Went and bought new rear tire. Installed new rear tire and once I finally reassembled wheel, I noticed I had a broken spoke. Of course I have no tools to remove the cassette to replace the broken spoke. I order cassette tools and wait one week for them to arrive. On arrival, the chain whip is fine but the cassette tool is wrong. The cassette was very odd or old. After several weeks contemplation, I finally took the rear wheel with replacement spoke to a bike shop and they fixed and trued it for a nominal charge. They confirmed it was a very "old school" cassette. I reassembled the wheel, aligned the brakes, and throughly cleaned the bike- chain and gears included. I get ready to go ride the silly thing and then I notice - I have a broken pedal. Broken pedal???? I ordered new pedals and they should arrive this week. Performance Bike is having some great sales going on right now - catalogue only.
daysailer1 is offline   Reply With Quote