Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver 12-13 Season
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #213 (permalink)
deepcove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
I agree with this, except I won't for instance go into a store, try on boots, find the right size, then buy online. If the store provides me a service like that, I consider it the cost of the service.

For Flow bindings, where I already know what size I need and what model I want, fukit.
Up until last winter I have always made a point of supporting local shops. Then I had a terrible experience with North Shore Ski and Board where they lost a a piece of equipment that was taken back to them for warranty because this is the place I bought it from. They refused to do anything but replace it with an old used beat up replacement which I thought was piss poor as it was their wrong doing. So that experience combined with a dollar at par, substancially lower prices south of the boarder and a couple hr drive to Seattle has changed the way I shop. Since then I have purchased 4 snowboards, 5 sets of bindings and a pair of boots ( and lots of beer!!!!).

As donuts said above it is in poor taste to use the "Directbuy" way of doing business and take up peoples time and knowledge at a retail outlet only to purchase elsewhere.
deepcove is offline   Reply With Quote